Top 5 Fort Worth Lunch Spots: The Good, the Quick and the Yummy
The Bs enjoying lunch at Rodeo Goat
At Balcom, we love just one thing more than our jobs: FOOD. Bribe us with it. Give it to us for Christmas. Pay us with it (well, Toni our accounting manager might not approve). But really – we love food.
However, we’ve found that discovering that delectable and simultaneously convenient lunch spot is like spotting a jackalope in the wild; they’re considered mythical but we secretly always knew they existed.
So after much deliberation and taste testing, we’ve picked our top 5 Fort Worth lunch spots:
Chimy’s on Foch Street
- Fulfills Tex-Mex cravings
- Fast service/easy parking
- Easily accommodates large groups/fun atmosphere
- Our order: Fried Fish Tacos or Chicken Fajita Nachos with everything from the toppings bar.
Benito’s on Magnolia Avenue
- Yummy, no-fuss Mexican food
- Super friendly and fast service/ample parking
- Very inexpensive
- Best guacamole around; welcoming and homey Fort Worth institution
- Our order: Enchiladas and guacamole/chips.
Lili’s Bistro on Magnolia Avenue
- Mouth-wateringly delicious global cuisine that haunts dreams
- Best for smaller groups/finicky parking in lots/can get busy
- Great prices on lunch menu – averages $10
- Upscale cuisine available at a great price for a memorable lunch experience
- Our order: Grilled Chicken sandwich or Grown-up Grilled Cheese with Gorgonzola fries ($1.50 more, but so worth it) and dessert of Lili’s Doughnuts & Coffee Ice Cream.
Rodeo Goat on Bledsoe (West 7th area)
- Burgers are JUST SO GOOD
- Not the fastest service/parking lot can fill up, street parking is available
- Reasonably priced – burgers average $9
- Go early to beat crowd; not great if on a time constraint; burgers are some of the best around
- Our order: Sugar Burger or Whiskey Burger and Cheese Fries Surprise (the surprise is chili – yum).
Velvet Taco on West 7th Street
- Non-traditional, unique tacos – more like a meal in a taco
- Fast service/parking can be limited, but spots open quickly
- There is something for everyone; better chance of sitting together with a small group
- Our order: #3 Crisp Tikka Chicken taco, #16 Fish n’ Chips taco and a side of tots (includes a fried egg, goat cheese and bacon).
Agree with our picks? Or do you have a recommendation for a convenient and tasty Fort Worth lunch spot that’s not on this list? Let us know in the comments below!
Blog Author: Balcom Agency writer