Top 5 Fort Worth Happy Hour Spots: We'll Drink to That
The Bs enjoying happy hour at The Ginger Man
We recently wrote about our top 5 Fort Worth lunch spots on our blog – and while all that talk of food made us hungry, it also made us reminisce about another favorite pastime: happy hour.
Here at Balcom, we like to responsibly enjoy an adult beverage from time to time. Three-martini lunch anyone? Kidding. As an office, we go to happy hour one Friday each month; it’s a way to celebrate co-workers’ birthdays and anniversaries, and to decompress from the workweek.
That perfect happy hour destination can be an elusive beast. But not to worry – we did all the research for you. After many late-night Uber bookings, we somehow managed to compile our top 5 list – or what we can remember of it.
Taverna on Throckmorton Street (downtown)
- Weekday happy hour Monday-Friday 3-8 p.m.
- Intimate service and atmosphere/street parking and public garages
- Half-price appetizers and pizza; $3 well drinks, draught beer, bellinis, house red and white wine
- Incredible food; $3 house wine is a steal; must sit in bar or lounge for happy hour – best to go early with smaller group
Our order: Cozze al vino “marittima” (mussels sautéed in white wine), Gorgonzola pizza (with dolce latte, mozzarella, pancetta, figs and caramelized onions); house red wine.
Blue Sushi Sake Grill on West 7th
- Weekday happy hour Monday-Friday 3-6:30 p.m.
- Great service and hip atmosphere/street parking and free garage
- Extensive happy hour options include $4 nigiri, $5 sushi rolls and $6 martinis
- Tons of happy hour specials; sushi is some of the best in town
Our order: Hot popper sushi roll with a signature martini.
The Ginger Man on Camp Bowie
- Weekday happy hour Monday-Friday 3-6 p.m.
- Relaxed atmosphere/easy parking in their lot
- $1 off pints and talls
- Awesome beer selection; dog-friendly patio has plenty of seating; perfect spot to enjoy nice weather with large or small group
Our order: Beer companion (smoked Gouda, sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheeses with hard salami, red pepper hummus, fresh fruit, toasted baguette, pita bread and a side of spicy mustard) with a draught Revolver Blood & Honey.
Petroleum Club of Fort Worth* on Main Street (downtown)
- Weekday happy hour Tuesday-Friday 4:30-7 p.m.
- Personalized service/garage and street parking
- Tuesday-Friday: $6 martinis, well cocktails and house wine; Wednesday: $2.50 beers and well cocktails
- *Membership required (Petroleum Club is a Balcom client, and the agency is also a member); delicious happy hour pizza; breathtaking view of Fort Worth; great for larger groups/entertaining clients
Our order: Top Shelf Margarita and pizza.
Blue Mesa on University Drive (University Park Village)
- Weekday happy hour Monday-Friday 4-7:30 p.m.
- Good service/plenty of parking in lot
- $4 Blue margaritas, mojitos, well drinks, martinis, house wine, sangria and sangria blue swirl
- Free quesadilla bar from 4-6:30 p.m. with drink purchase (includes chips and nachos); great patio for nice weather
Our order: Blue margarita, quesadilla, nachos and sweet potato chips.
Do you have a favorite Fort Worth happy hour spot that didn’t make the list? Let us know in the comments below.
Read more about Fort Worth hotspots:
Top 5 Fort Worth Lunch Spots: The Good, the Quick and the Yummy
Blog Author: Jennifer Haynes, Former B teamer.