Running a Social Media Contest? Use This Pre-Launch Checklist!
Social media contests – as well as giveaways and sweepstakes – can help attract new fans and followers, build your email database, increase engagement with customers and more. But before your contest is live, consider these tips to help you get the most out of your contest and promotions without creating an unnecessary headache in the process.
FOLLOW THE RULES
Even the simplest contests should have rules available for entrants and winners. This keeps eligibility clear and may serve as a reference in case questions arise from entrants or your legal department.
- Write the rules and have the team (or maybe even legal) review them
- Post the rules where they’re easy to find – a link from the entry form page makes the most sense
- Keep the rules easily accessible even after the promotion has ended
GATHER YOUR GRAPHICS
You may have your contest name and header graphic ready to go, but have you thought about what else you might need?
- A Facebook graphic with less than 20 percent copy to help attract more entrants
- A thank-you graphic that appears after the entry form is submitted
- A thumbnail graphic that’s included when someone shares a link to the contest
SHARE THE NEWS
Once the entry period has closed, replace the entry form with a message sharing what visitors need to know.
- Explain that the promotion has closed, and when and how the winner(s) will be announced
- Include a link to the rules in case anyone has questions
- Share the winner on your social channels along with a thank-you to everyone who entered
Need help naming the contest? Or designing graphics? Or coming up with the concept in the first place? Or figuring out how to make it all work? We do all that.
Tags: PR & Social Media