Balcom Agency Wins Six Top Awards at the 2013 Worthy Awards Gala Hosted by the Greater Fort Worth Chapter of PRSA
FORT WORTH, Texas – April 29, 2013 – Balcom Agency, an advertising, interactive public relations firm based in Fort Worth, won six Worthy Awards – and the most overall awards – at the 2013 Worthy Awards recently hosted by the Greater Fort Worth Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). Balcom earned 13 total awards – six Worthy Awards, four Awards of Excellence and three Awards of Achievement.
Balcom’s 13 Worthy Awards recognized work for a number of clients in varying marketing communications disciplines, including:
- A Worthy Award in Blog writing for Justin Boots’ A Fit for Every Foot (or Calf)
- An Award of Excellence in Social Media for Justin Boots’ Inner Gypsy campaign
- An Award of Achievement in Social Media for Justin Boots’ digital billboard integration
- An Award of Achievement in Video (external) for Justin Original Workboots’ MetGuard Shield
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary:
- A Worthy Award in Integrated Marketing Communications Programs for the Dead Sea Scrolls & the Bible: Ancient Artifacts, Timeless Treasures campaign
- A Worthy Award in Brochure writing and creative for the Dead Sea Scrolls & the Bible: Ancient Artifacts, Timeless Treasures exhibition
NTE Mobility Partners and LBJ Express:
- A Worthy Award in Community Relations Programs for the Name the Lanes campaign
- A Worthy Award in Community Relations (one time event) for Treecember, Balcom’s December project to raise awareness of Tarrant County nonprofits
- A Worthy Award in Social Media for the Lend a Paw contest that raised awareness of animal shelters
- An Award of Excellence in Brochure writing and creative for the Wow Employee brochure
Texas Health Resources:
- An Award of Excellence in E-Newsletter writing and creative for the TEX Employee E-Newsletter
The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth:
- An Award of Excellence in Website writing and creative for The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth’s website
- An Award of Achievement in Annual Report writing and creative for the 2012 Annual Report/2013 Calendar
“I couldn’t be more proud of our team’s Worthy Awards accomplishments,” said Stuart Balcom, president and CEO of Balcom Agency. “The recognition validates the hard work and dedication our employees devote on a daily basis to achieving the best results for our clients.”
PRSA is the world’s largest and foremost organization of public relations professionals, with more than 21,000 public relations and communications professionals across the United States. The Greater Fort Worth Chapter of PRSA created the Worthy Awards in 2012 to recognize the very best in strategic communications in the region. Awards are given in categories that include strategic communications programs and campaigns, tactics ranging from new media to video, and academic contributions to the public relations profession.
About Balcom Agency
Innovation meets inspiration every day at Balcom Agency in Fort Worth, Texas. Founded in 1993, the agency’s core services include branding, marketing communications, web design, social media, public relations and media planning. Balcom makes great things happen for a roster of local, regional and national clients, including: Justin Boots, Tony Lama Boots, Williamson-Dickie Manufacturing Company, USMD Hospitals, the Neeley School of Business at TCU, Norman Regional Health System, ConvaTec, Southwest Bank, Cash America, The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and the Barnett Shale Energy Education Council.