Balcom Agency Wins Best of Show and Nine Gold Awards at Tenth District American Advertising Awards
FORT WORTH, Texas – April 13, 2020 – Fort Worth’s Balcom Agency represented the city and its clients at the recent regional American Advertising Awards, winning 21 total awards, including Best of Show. The win marks the first time that any Fort Worth-based agency has won the highest award and represents Balcom’s largest win to date within the American Advertising Federation (AAF) district that covers Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas.
Balcom clients Cavender’s and Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa were winners, together representing 12 golds, the most of any agency in the program. Best of Show was given to Balcom and Cavender’s for the recent This Is How We Live video campaign, while internationally available Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa also took home a Special Judge’s Award for art direction. Both brands are Texas-based, making the wins even more special for an agency that seeks to embody the spirit of Texas beyond its borders, even while representing large and small clients regionally, nationwide and internationally.
“Nothing makes us happier than to see our clients, and our people, shine bright and be recognized for outstanding, impactful work,” said Stuart Balcom, president and CEO of Balcom Agency. “Our teams know they are making a difference when clients see results, but the emotionally satisfying wins that come from large-scale awards programs just add a little something to the experiences of representing that client well. We’re incredibly proud of the Cavender’s and Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa teams.”
In all, Balcom secured 12 golds, five silver and two bronze awards alongside Best of Show and the Special Judges Awards. All gold and silver wins will move on to compete at the national level of the American Advertising Awards, an annual competition held by the AAF in the summer to recognize and reward the spirit of creative excellence in advertising.
- 2020 Best of Show, This Is How We Live, Cinematography—Campaign
- Gold, Internet Commercial Campaign, This is How We Live
- Gold, Music With Lyrics—Single, This is How We Live
- Gold, Cinematography—Single, This is How We Live
- Gold, Cinematography—Campaign, This is How We Live
- Gold, Music With/Without Lyrics—Campaign, This is How We Live
- Gold, Sound Design—Single, This is How We Live
- Gold, Sound Design—Campaign, This is How We Live
- Silver, Internet Commercial, This Is How We Live – Anthem
- Silver, Internet Commercial, This Is How We Live – Cowboy
- Silver, Internet Commercial, This Is How We Live – Blue Collar
Mrs. Renfro’s Salsa
- 2020 Special Judges Award, Art Direction—Campaign, True to Family. True to Flavor.
- Gold, Social Media, Renfro Dads Read Reviews
- Gold, Film/Video/Sound Branded Content, More Than :60 Seconds, Better Than Crack
- Gold, Film/Video/Sound Branded Content, More Than :60 Seconds, Ghost Pepper Reviews
- Gold, Integrated Advertising Campaign - Regional/National – Consumer, True to Family. True to Flavor.
- Gold, Integrated Brand Identity Campaign True to Family. True to Flavor.
- Silver, Packaging Campaign, True to Family. True to Flavor.
- Silver, Branded Content & Entertainment Campaign, Renfro Dads Read Reviews
- Bronze, Packaging, Ghost Pepper
- Bronze, Art Direction—Campaign, True to Family. True to Flavor.
The American Advertising Awards, previously known as the ADDYs, is the advertising industry’s largest awards program, attracting more than 40,000 entries every year in local AAF Ad Club competitions. All work is scored and judged by fellow advertising professionals at the local, regional and national levels. Information about national winners will be available in June 2020.
About Balcom Agency
Balcom is a team of matchmakers in the business of making people fall in love with brands. For 27 years, the agency has combined powerful insight, creativity and technology to craft compelling stories that move brands forward. Balcom's experience in branding & advertising, web development & digital marketing, film & video production, media planning & buying, PR & social media, consulting & training delivers marketing that works – and works together. Founded in 1993 in Fort Worth, Texas, Balcom represents clients in health care, food and beverage, retail, education, business services and beyond, including Cavender’s, Dairy MAX, Hippo Sak®, Kubota Tractor Corporation, Mrs. Renfro's Salsa, Norman Regional Health System, Sinclair Oil Corporation, Smith+Nephew (Advanced Wound Management) and the TCU Neeley School of Business. To learn more about the agency's award-winning work, visit BalcomAgency.com.