Group Account Director
Group Account Director
WHY BE GOOD WHEN YOU CAN BE GREAT?
At Balcom Agency, we believe great marketing is a marriage of art and science, where insight, creativity and technology work brilliantly together. We’re not your average advertising agency, social media shop, web group or PR firm. We’re all of those things rolled into one.
And we are looking for a strategic group account director with at least 12 years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care marketing to lead one of our teams.
Our next successful group account director will be comfortable jumping into a fast-paced environment with some of the most gifted people in the business to make marketing magic happen for our clients.
- Lead your team in the strategy and planning of assigned accounts and brands, whether targeted at consumers or other businesses. You will serve as the lead strategist, providing overall marketing strategy, industry knowledge, brand direction and counsel. This position holds ultimate responsibility within this group for client satisfaction and profitability.
- Work closely with Balcom partners and leadership in the sales discovery and pitch process.
- Work with account team members within assigned accounts to manage professional growth opportunities, performance and appraisals. Recommend staffing updates that will maintain the effectiveness of your group.
- Develop and provide ongoing strategic recommendations that support client business objectives.
- Concurrently manage multiple clients and projects.
- Work in conjunction with account directors and project/program directors on behalf of our clients.
- Understand regulatory restrictions placed on pharma advertising and the PRC review process.
- Understand the important roles of budgets, estimates and time reports in the profitability of the agency.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Twelve or more years of experience in pharmaceutical or health care advertising and marketing; business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or equivalent experience. MBA desirable.
The diversity of our client mix means you’ll never be bored. From tractors to food, from hospitals to festivals, we work with some of the biggest companies in their industries. This position may support more than one client.
As one of the largest advertising and marketing firms in the Tarrant/Dallas area, as well as a top-10 agency on the Dallas Business Journal list, we take work-life balance seriously and offer a full menu of benefits. We have been named a “Best Place to Work” several times and are Blue Zones Project certified as a healthy workplace. We have been recognized with the Governor’s Award by the American Advertising Federation during its Southwest Advertising Hall of Fame ceremony.
We are still working from home. Interviews will be conducted via Google Meet. If selected for the role, you will have an in-person onboarding to receive your MacBook Pro. Balcom Agency takes health and wellness seriously. Wear a mask, wash your hands and stay physically distant.