If you have at least five years of agency or client-side experience in editing and proofreading for both advertising and long-format writing, we’d like to chat with you about joining our award-winning team as an editor/proofreader.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, curious, collaborative, and comfortable rolling up their sleeves and jumping into a fast-paced environment, working with a variety of clients ranging from health care to tractors to consumer products.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Review all agency output for appropriate language, style, punctuation and grammar; this may include videos, social posts, websites, print ads, sales collateral, presentations and more
- Confirm content is accurate according to client-supplied materials, which can include names, titles, phone numbers, URLs and appropriate use of copyright/trademark symbols
- While the agency uses Associated Press (AP) Style for most work, confirm client style preferences that may be different
- Write articles, case studies, blogs and social posts, with the opportunity to broaden your creative skills into a larger copywriting role in the future, if you desire
- Collaborate with account managers, project managers and creative team to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Have at least five years of experience in an advertising agency or client-side environment
- Must be legally able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- All interviews will be conducted via video with a variety of team members
- Finalists for this position will be asked to take a proofreading test, using AP Style
PERKS and BENEFITS
- Health insurance, with employer contribution that pays up to 100% of the employee costs through Cigna. Family coverage is also available.
- Flexible health care spending account or health savings account for qualified health plans
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Childcare spending account for pre-tax savings
- Available dental insurance through Cigna
- Available vision insurance through Cigna and the EyeMed network
- Available pet insurance
- Employer-paid life insurance policy through New York Life
- Employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional supplemental insurance through Colonial Life (short-term disability, cancer care, etc.)
- 401(k) with employer match after one year of employment
- Generous vacation time, sick leave and personal time off
- Paid holidays, plus bonus paid time off while the agency is closed between Christmas and New Year’s
- MasterClass subscription for continued learning
- We have a hybrid work environment – work from our home office or your home office. Ideally, this person lives within a three-hour drive of Balcom’s Fort Worth office to accommodate client and agency needs.